211 N. Main Street Rockford,
Memorial Hall is a living memorial to Veterans from all wars. It will serve as a constant reminder to the sacrifices given by brave men and women from Winnebago County, and a way for generations to remember and learn about their lives.
This Stone was placed in front of Memorial Hall in 1966; it is inscribed with the following words:
“This Memorial Hall, the first of it’s kind in the United States dedicated to our veterans of all wars, was completed in the year 1903 with dedication ceremonies on june third of that year by our twenty – sixth president Theodore Roosevelt with these words: “No more fitting memorial could be erected to the men who fought, than a hall such as this….. a hall beautiful because of the uses to which it is consecrated”